HKUST MBA Finance Society is a student-led organisation that aims to develop education, career and community in finance industry. By drawing on the unparalleled location in financial centre, the world-class business education and the deep industry connections and alumni network, HKUST Finance Society will serve as the premier platform to drive developments in finance industry.
Education To help students learn about specific areas of finance, and equip with proper skill sets
Career To help students identify key careers to focus on, and help connect with industry professionals
Community To facilitate collaboration among FTMBA, PTMBA, MSc, and build up close-knit financial community
Bank of Japan Seminar (In partnership with Japan Club)
Date: April 19th, 2018
Time: 6:30pm - 7:30pm
Make sure to sign up on the google form below if you are interested in attending.
Below are some events Finance Society has helped organized for its members:
- Speaker event - Day in a life of Equity Research, J.P. Morgan
- Speaker event - Day in a life of Investment Banking, J.P. Morgan
- Speaker event - Day in a life of Investment Banking, Goldman Sachs
- Speaker event - Day in a life of Private Banking, Morgan Stanley
- Speaker event - Day in a life of Private Equity, Pavilion Capital
- Fintech Alumni Panel Sharing
- Workshop - Bloomberg Training
- Workshop - Recruiting Networking 101
- Mixer event - Networking for current full-time MBA students and part-time MBA professionals
Finance Society Mixer:
October 11 - Finance Society held its first mixer between full-time and part-time members in Central, Hong Kong. It was a great night where members got to know each other over drinks, food and some pool!
Day in a Life Speaker: Investment Banking
September 21 - Members had the opportunity to sit down with two former Investment Bankers from Goldman Sachs and J. P. Morgan to learn about their past role and experience. Kyle and Lily shared valuable information on how to break into IBD and provided great insight into their daily tasks and challenges they used to face.
Elliot Nguyen | President |
Roshni Saigal | Vice President |
Kevin Jazmines | CFO |
Johnny Liu, Nalin | Internal Relation |
Timothy Tran | Training and Development |
Hao Hsu, Michael Huang, Kathy Xu | External Relation |
Elliot Nguyen at firstname.lastname@example.org