On a random afternoon commute to class in Central, I caught up with JJ Jaspio on the MTR and surprised him with 30 questions in 3 minutes. Here's what we found out about JJ:
*Kevin Jazmines was present as well, but observed quietly.
1. Where are you going JJ?
Central, for class.
2. Which class?
3. Would you ever skip this class?
No, I won't!
4. What would you skip class for?
Um... interviews? *smile*
5. Why did you choose HKUST?
6. Near what?
Near my heart.
7. What really got you here?
8. What's your favourite thing about HK?
9. Least favourite thing about HK?
10. Where are you from?
I'm from the Philippines, like Kevin.
11. How many languages do you speak?
Well, aside from English and Filipino, I speak the language of love. *Kevin laughs*
12. What do you miss the most about home?
My family, my girlfriend, and food.
13. What's your favourite food in Hong Kong?
In Hong Kong... Japanese food!
14. Least favourite place to eat?
15. What are you having for dinner?
Probably 7/11 food.
16. What's the most embarrassing thing that's happened to you since you got here?
I got locked out of my room wearing just a towel.
17. What's the best advice you got about UST?
Just enjoy it.
18. Name one thing you want to learn at UST
How to make money.
19. And I heard Kevin has a question for you...
Kevin: "Yeah, if I give you $100, with an interest rate of 10%, what's the IRR... come on JJ"
*JJ was unable to answer this question... due to "laughter".
20. Whats the first app you open in the morning
21. What song do you sing in the shower?
Drowning, by Backstreet Boys.
22. What song will you never sing?
I will survive.
23. Who do you want to play you in a movie?
A Filipino actor, named Jericho Rosales, or Bruno Mars.
24. What would you never wear?
25. What's your worst habit?
26. Bravest thing you've ever done?
I serenaded a girl in front of too many people.
27. How did that go?
28. What do you want to do after the MBA?
Work, I guess.
29. Work in what?
30. What's your best tip for future applications to HKUST MBA?
Just don't mess up your GMAT or your application, and you'll get here eventually!
Look out for the next victim! If you'd like to nominate someone, please comment below!